As always, little life lessons are learned in as little as a week, and that’s why it is always fun to reflect.
1. The first one I learned just yesterday, while trying to load photos from Christmas Eve in my family blog. Google only allows 1 GB for photos/images and I had exceeded my limit, starting my blog back in the fall of 2007. What? I didn’t know there was a limit, and I guess with videos, that goes up quickly. So, I had to purchase 20 GB more for only $5.00. Have any of you had to do that yet?
2. I’ve learned too, that I dislike my method of “housing” my photos in iPhoto and folders on my desktop versus my old method of using some great Nikon software that was no longer compatible with my upgraded software. It is so much harder to resize and name my photos in one easy step. I must resort to something new. I really like all my photos stored in folders by month and year on my desktop for easy historical reference. It is going to take some time, but maybe that needs to be one of my New Year’s resolutions, along with losing the 5 pounds I’ve gained over the holidays (since Halloween), right?
3. I learned that being 40 and getting little exercise in one’s life, due to having a little one and less time definitely has its setbacks. After sitting on the floor helping to unwrap/play with new Christmas toys, lifting one’s 37 pound child into a toddler swing moments later can send sharp pains in one’s back, causing major discomfort for multiple days afterward… 😦
4. Christmas is sure a blast with a 3-year-old. And, he can cry when he sees that Santa ate all the cookies and drank the milk that was left out for him.
5. Bean bag chairs are still really cool, and even better “lounge-size” so Mommy can also sit in it with child to read stories. It is also awesome for a great nap.