I wish I could brag and say I was the one doing some butt kicking this week, but honestly, I had MY butt kicked by this Couch to 5K program I’m doing. Ouch. My butt DOES hurt today.
That’s one of many things I learned I learned this week:
1) After not exercising for several years, even just running 3 minutes at a time can kick your butt. I’m hoping days two and three this week are easier!
2) I shouldn’t second guess myself on buying the next size up for my son in jeans. He’s gotten skinnier, but definitely taller. He may end the summer in some great high waters. Hopefully other 3-year-old won’t tease him.
3) I’m beginning to think it is easier to save money when you do Bountiful Baskets each week. It is so easy (and inexpensive) for side dishes of yummy veggies and fruits that all you really need is a great protein to go with it.
4) Blogging is super hard to keep up with when work, home, and family keep you so occupied. I miss being able to read all the great blogs out there. I started this one when I had some down time in the summer, and miss those days. Instead, I’m not trying to be hard on myself, and just post a few times a week, and catch up on a few favorites I read.
5) I need to give myself some downtime on the weekends, where I schedule absolutely nothing, on paper or in my mind, to just spend some great family time or downtime. It feels sooo good!
For me, see Julie’s blog, always so funny!